This template is for creating new records for cabals/guilds that exist within the Secret World. You can use this template for any faction.
How to use the Template
- Click on the Add Record menu option and select 'Create Cabal'
- Enter the official, full name of your cabal (e.g. The Society for Transhuman Advancement)
- You will see a long text-list in the format: parameter = value (e.g. faction = illuminati)
- Fill in the values on the list!
- Fill in some text for the pre-made sections (more on that below).
- After you've filled it all in, save the page. You're done!
Marking the Cabal Faction
Near the top of the template, you'll see this parameter:
| faction = templar illuminati dragon neutral
Make sure that you really do erase everything except your cabal's faction. You want one word, and one word only! So your line should look like this:
| faction = templar
...or "illuminati", or "dragon", etc. Right now the factions recognized are:
More will be added later, including 'civilian'. Civilian will refer to individuals, organizations, and items which are not a part of 'The Secret World' -- the "99% (who) have no idea", as Geary says.
Cabal vs. NPC
Similar to the faction parameter above, there is also a status parameter:
| status = cabal npc
Again, make sure you choose only one of the options!
| status = cabal
A 'cabal' is an in-game organization that's staffed and run by player characters (PCs). An 'npc' organization is something that either exists outside of the game, or may be a background organization in-game that isn't run by PCs. For example, Interpol is a real-world NPC organization; Manticore is an in-game NPC organization.
The 'in-game' name is the actual, in-game way that your cabal's name is represented. For instance, your 'full' cabal name may be The Society for Transhuman Advancement, but the in-game label for you cabal might be Transhuman Advancement or TSTA.
All the Rest
- Leader: The (preferably in-game) name of the cabal leader. You can also put your Enjin name, email address, or something else -- this is just meant to be an easy way for interested people to contact the person in charge.
- Officer: If you have an officer or 'second in command', list them here.
- Motto: Your cabal's slogan, motto, or catchphrase.
- Image: The logo of your cabal that you uploaded to the Wiki. Not the entire URL, just the image name. It should be 245px by 245px for best results. Pictures that are too large will be automatically cropped down to 245-by-245, and might get weird results! Example: MyCabal.jpg (not [[Image:MyCabal.jpg]])
- Aliases: Any aliases your cabal might have. For instance, the Illuminati are often called Lumies, or the Templar are called Reds.
- Website: Your cabal's website, if you have one!
- Headquarters: Where is your cabal headquartered, in character? London? Paris? Los Angeles?
- Satellites: If they have 'branch offices' or local chapters in other locations, where are they located?
The default template includes a few biographical sections to get you thinking about other things about your character. Right now, these sections are Summary, The Secret War, Known Associates/Affiliations, and History.
=• The Secret War •= TEXT GOES HERE What part or interest, if any, do they have in the Secret World and the Secret War?
You can easily change the titles (and contents) of these pre-made sections simply by erasing what's there and putting in what you want. Or, you can keep these and add new sections of your own by copying/pasting a block and giving it a new title and new text.
=• My Special Section •= This is a new section for my special stuff!
Adding Formatting, Pictures, Etc.